Saturday, March 6, 2010

NO CALENDAR NEEDED: I REMEMBER



As a nation we all have certain dates that bring back memories, some kind and some painful. We have December 7, 1941; July 20, 1969; September 11, 2001; and others that have remained in our hearts.

Besides these and other group dates, I have acquired some dates which have etched into my heart. I know that this isn't unique to me, as we all have our own milestones, but I wanted to share just a few of mine. Feel free to add any more that have caused you to become the person you are today.

May 1969: Graduated from the best high school that no longer exists.

May 1976: Received my Master's from the University.

March 1979: Met Mr. Right (and not just Mr. Right Now.)

July 1979: Married Mr. Right for me.

September 1981: Gave birth to our beautiful girl.

May 1982: Handed over our precious girl to the surgeon for major surgery.

May 2000: Our fantastic girl graduated from high school.

May 2004: Our stupendous girl graduated from the university.

March 2005: My incredible mom was released from her life of pain and suffering.

February 2007: Our remarkable daughter married her sweetheart.

September 2008: Our family suffered the effects of Hurricane Ike.

May 2009: Best souvenir from any cruise arrives--our grandlove.


Sure more happened before May 1969 and since May 2009, but I am not writing a book, just a memory jogging blog.

Thanks for joining me on this short jog.

No comments:

Post a Comment