Thursday, October 7, 2010

MORE QUESTIONS: NO ANSWERS

I realize that no one owes me an explanation of what is going on in VISD, but that makes my curiosity even sharper.  The Drill Team leader, who is to be reassigned, is still on campuses and still doing some of the same work she did before.  No, she's not out there making sure that the boots are polished and the hats at the proper angle, but she is still on her original campus and completing some of her previous duties.  Since all of the hoopla came out about her being reassigned, the fact that she is still working in the same capacity should surprise me.  But, honestly, knowing how VISD is, nothing about this whole matter should surprise me. 

Will it be published when she is reassigned?  Will the charges against her be proven to be false?  This town's little paper was over run by articles concerning this drill team leader at one time and now there doesn't seem to be any follow-up. 

Expecting The Victoria Advocate to follow up on a story, now that's somewhat unrealistic, too.  So, in the meantime, I'll wait.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just curious--are you certain she is still on campus? She was supposed to be on administrative leave pending reassignment.

    I did ask at the planning meeting this morning, and the answer was that the Advocate is filing open records stuff to see what is what. So, it seems they plan to follow up on it.

    I won't be able to watch the meeting tomorrow, but the question about the profit is a good one.

    ReplyDelete