Wednesday, September 8, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HEART

This is a picture of my external hearts....my daughter and her precious little son.  If she looks scared, that would be pretty true, since she had only been a mom for a little over three months.  Her mothering skills have become stronger and more sure with each passing day.  I admire the fact that she has taken all that she has learned and tweaked it into her own way of parenting.  It's difficult to remember that it's been twenty-nine years that I first looked at her tiny face and fell in love.  So many things have happened in our lives and yet the one constant is that my love for my daughter has grown each moment.  She does know where all my buttons are and she has engaged them more than once.  Even during our tense times, our learning times, I have never doubted that I have been blessed those so many years ago when I first saw that tiny, rosebud mouth and held her.  Colic, teenage woes, hospitalizations, surgeries, illnesses temper trials, college adventures, relationship difficulties, life plans dashed across the rocks of disappointment and all the times I was told, "You don't know" have only added to my appreciation of the strength of our bond.  I love her more than life itself and that was even before she blessed us when our little Grandlove.  He's the icing on the cake. 

Happy Birthday, my sweet girl.  You have brought so much joy, love and support to our family.  May your blessings always outweigh life's struggles.

3 comments:

  1. What a loving tribute to your daughter. She is so lucky to have you for a mom.

    There is simply nothing that compares to the love between mother and daughter.

    I wish nothing but continued joy and happiness for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday A!

    Hope you have a Wonderful Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! What a lucky girl she is to have a mom write such a lovely tribute! She also shares her birthday with my dad. Hope both of them had a magical day!

    ReplyDelete