Friday, August 26, 2011

ALWAYS ON THE CLOCK: DEFINITION OF NANA

Spent the last couple of days with my Heart and Grandlove running errands, having lunch, keeping appointments and just hanging out.  Since our little guy is totally "hands on" now, one of us is always carrying his hot, little body.  He can't help with the task, so our shoulders become tired, arms go numb and the combined body heat threatens to bring on "the vapors."  As we were doing the little guy "switch-a-roo" I turned to my Heart and asked, "So, am I on the clock for this or off the clock?"  (I am his full-time care taker when she's at work, thus 'On the clock'.) 

My Heart tenderly smiled as she repositioned his stiff, little body and said, "Nanas are never 'off the clock'.  Didn't you know that?" 

Truer words were never spoken and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment